Wednesday, July 21, 2010

True Blood Book Contest!!

Hello everyone... I'm just a few days away from finally handing in EVERYTHING on my book, and therefore, as promised, this blog will finally light up again. Until then, however, I wanted to offer up a contest for y'all. I've been talking about Becca Wilcott's amazing new companion guide to True Blood (I love this book so much I don't have words) called Truly, Madly, Deadly: The Unofficial True Blood Companion. Her publisher (and mine!), ECW Press, is offering a copy of the book to the winner of a contest of my choosing.

And here is my choice for contest: to enter I would like you to email me why you love the show True Blood, but write it in the manner of one of the characters speaking. For example, Sookie: "Well GOSH I just love this show because, well, it's got mah BILL in it. And Eric. Not that I have eyes for him. No. Uh-uh. It's all Bill. No, really. Why are y'all LOOKIN' at me like that?!"

Only, you know, your entries would be good. ;) You could write like Bill, Eric, Godric, Andy Bellefleur, Terry, Arlene, Sam, Tara (and if you choose her, it can be as expletive-ridden as you'd like), Jason, Sookie, or anyone else you'd like to choose.

So show me what you've got, and the best entries will be posted here, and I'll announce the winner next Friday, July 30. Email your entries here, and the winner gets a bright and shiny new copy of this fantastic book!