Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Great Buffy Rewatch: Evan Munday

My only response to the end of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer is a short and ridiculous one: to one day hope they would make a Grosse Pointe Blank type movie, where Buffy Summers returns to Sunnydale High for a ten-year high school reunion. Though she's just there to meet up with Xander Harris again, she ends up having to slay a bunch of vampires and demons. And the reunion movie/episode would replace the songs of The English Beat and Violent Femmes with K's Choice, Rasputina and Nerfherder. As in this poster.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT!

Lisa(until further notice) said...

One of my very favorite movies, and soundtracks...evah!

Well done, Evan, well done.

Suzanne said...

Evan,

Thanks for making my day with your poster! Hilarious. Now, when will the movie be coming to a theater near me! :)

Marebabe said...

Well, “Grosse Pointe Blank” just made the (long) list of movies I simply MUST see! It’ll be fun to revisit today’s short post after I’ve seen it. And Evan, did you do the artwork for your movie poster all by your little-old self? Because it’s brilliant! But you knew that. ;)

Christina B said...

I MUST have this for my wall! LOVE!

Dusk said...

Nice poster.

Funnily enough I recently heard the writer for the Joss-less Buffy movie supposedly got fired.

Evan said...

Thanks, everyone! And yes, Marebabe, that's my illustration work. I moonlight as an illustrator (and have even done some work for Nikki's publisher, ECW).